ezPaycheck Payroll Software
Check Printing Software
W2 1099 1095 Software
+ W2/1099-MISC Software
+ W2C, W3C Software
+ 1099s, 1098s Software
Quick Start Guide
+ ACA 1095 & 1094 Software
+ Forms W2,1099,1098&More
Direct Deposit Software
Time Clock Software
Check Paper & Tax Forms
Payroll Tax Center
Quick Start Guide
Order W2 1099 Tax Forms
1099s Electronic Filing: How to Upload 1099 eFile to IRS Site
Here are the steps:
Step 1: Start ez1099 software and create the 1099s efile document
If you have not generated the 1099 efile document, you can refer to this article for step by step guide on
how to generate the 1099 Efile
can prepare, print and efile forms W2G, 1097BTC, 1098s (1098, 1098C, 1098E, 1098 T), 1099s (1099A, 1099B, 1099C, 1099CAP, 1099DIV, 1099G, 1099H, 1099INT, 1099LTC, 1099MISC, 1099OID, 1099PATR, 1099Q, 1099R, 1099S, 1099SA), 5498s(5498, 5498ESA, 5498SA), 8935, 3921, 3922, 1096 forms required by the IRS.
ez1099 2017 is available for 2018 tax season!
If you do not have ez1099 software installed, try it free today with no obligation and no cost.
Step 2: Log on IRS FIRE system and upload the 1099 efile document
1. Go to IRS site. The IRS efile link is
2. Enter your USER ID and Password to log on If you are a new user, you need to create a FIRE account on the FIRE system. You need enter your company name, company address, company phone number, contact name and email address. You can create the account before you get your transmitter control code.
3. Then go to Main Menu
4. Then choose the option "Send Information Returns"
5. Enter TCC and TIN for filing inforamtion return If you are a new user of IRS EFILE service, you need to apply TCC code (Transmitter Control Code) to generate the efile document. You can learn more on
how to apply TCC code
in NOTE part below.
6. Select "Orginal File" option
7. Enter your pin.
8. Upload the efile document you created in step 1
9. you will see message on screen after you load your efile document When the upload is complete, the screen will display the total bytes received and display the name of the file just uploaded. If this is not displayed on your screen, IRS probably did not receive the file. To verify, go to Check File Status option on the main menu. If the file name is displayed and the count is equal to ‘0’ and the results indicate ‘not yet processed’, then we received the file. If the filename is not displayed, send the file again.
You can click here to learn more details on
how to look up 1099 tax return status after efile it
1. If you are a new user of IRS EFILE service, you need to apply TCC code (Transmitter Control Code) to generate the efile document. You also need to create a FIRE account to upload your file.
How to request a transmitter control code (TCC) If you are new user of IRS efile service, you should request a transmitter control code (TCC) by filling out IRS Form 4419, "Application for Filing Information Returns Electronically."
You need to mail or fax the form to the IRS at least 30 days before the deadline for filing 1099s. The IRS will send your 5-character transmitter control code by mail once the application is approved.
Internal Revenue Service
Information Returns Branch
230 Murall Drive, Mail Stop 4360
Kearneysville, WV 25430
Or fax your completed Form 4419 to:
304-579-4105 (not toll-free)
Upon approval, a five-character alpha/numeric Transmitter Control Code (TCC) will be assigned and mailed to you. Form 4419 should be submitted to IRS at least 30 days before the due date of the returns for current year processing.
Quick Start Guide
W2 and 1099 Reporting deadline
How to Transfer Previous ez1099 data to the New Version
How to set up company account
How to add recipient
How to add a tax form
How to prepare and file forms
How to print 1099s forms on white paper for recipients
How to print forms in PDF format
How to print multiple forms on the same red-ink sheet?
Batch form printing
How to eFile forms
How to Import 1099 Data
How to Share data (for Multiple-user network version)