How to Calculate 2017 Maryland State Income Tax by Using State Income Tax Table
1. Find your income exemptions
2. Find your pretax deductions, including 401K, flexible account contributions ...
3. Find your gross income
4. Check the 2017 Maryland state tax rate and the rules to calculate state income tax
5. Calculate your state income tax step by step
6. If you want to simplify payroll tax calculations, you can download ezPaycheck payroll software, which can calculate federal tax, state tax, Medicare tax, Social Security Tax and other taxes for you automatically. You can try it free for 30 days, with no obligation and no credt card needed.
Tax rate used in calculating Maryland state tax for year 2017
State Tax Withholding State Code:
Acceptable Exemption Form:
Basis For Withholding:
Acceptable Exemption Data:
>S, M</ Number of Exemptions
Determine the Total Number Of Allowances field as follows:
First Position - >S = Single; M = Married.<
Second and Third Positions - Enter the number of exemptions claimed.
The Maryland state income tax formula contains a computation for Maryland county tax. Residents of the state of Maryland are required to pay the appropriate county tax in addition to the state income tax. Nonresidents of Maryland pay only the state income tax. Refer to the withholding formula for information on the individual county rates.
Need a Better Way to Calculate Maryland State Income Tax Withholdings?