10. December 2010 10:31
Restaurant payroll is very special because you need to handle tips.
For example: You need pay your waitress $95, and her tip is $50. So you need to report $145 to the government. However, you just need to pay her $95 in the paycheck.
Can ezPaycheck payroll software handle it? Yes, ezPaycheck can work for your restaurant payroll.
In this case, you can add a customized deduction such as "Paid Tips" and deduct this amount from your paycheck.
Followings are the steps:
Step 1: Add a new deduction
- Start ezPaycheck application. (If you have not installed it, you can download ezPaycheck from http://www.halfpricesoft.com/payroll_software_download.asp)
- Click the left menu “Company Settings->Deductions” on left menu and open the Company Deduction Setup.
- Check one Customized deduction, and then click the button behind it to open Deduction Details form.
- Input "Paid Tips" as the new name.
- Click the “Save” button and closed Deduction details page.
- Click the "Save" button on Company Deduction Setup form to update database.
Step 2: Generate a new check
After you add this deduction, you will see a new deduction field in your paycheck. When you generate a new check, you just need to enter your hourly pay, tips and paid tips. ezPaycheck will handle the taxes for you.
To learn more about ezPaycheck payroll software, click here