21. October 2013 07:54
When small businesses start to receive order online, they may have to be ready to combat fraudulent orders. Following are some signs that a transaction could be fraudulent
- First-time shopper.
- Larger-than-normal orders. Because stolen cards have a limited life span, maximizing the value of each transaction processed is important to the crook.
- Orders that include several of the same items.
- Orders made up of "big-ticket" items.
- "Rush" or "overnight" orders.
- Orders from Internet addresses making use of free email services.
- "Ship to" address is an international address. Address Verification Service cannot validate most non-U.S. addresses.
- Watch for multiple purchases on the same day.
- Orders shipped to a single address but made on multiple cards.
- Multiple transactions on one card or similar cards with a single billing address but multiple shipping address.