General Question about ezW2 - the W2, W3, 1099-misc and 1096 preparing, printing and e-Filing Software:
1. Is ezW2 for me?
Yes, if you need to fill, print and file W-2, 1099 tax forms. Trying ezW2 is risk-free! It fits for small to mid-size companies and accountants. EzW2 offers the flexible and easy-to-use features.
2. Will SSA accept black and white substitute forms on blank paper?
Yes, SSA will accept substitute forms that exactly meets the specifications and approved by SSA. You can find our SSA-approval document here.
3. With ezW2, do I still need to buy red ink W2 and W3 forms?
No pre-printed forms are needed for W2 and W3. ezW2 is approved by SSA to W2 and W3 on plain white paper with laser and ink-jet printers. If you prefer the traditional red-ink forms, ezW2 also prints data only on preprinted W2 and W3 forms.
4. What kind of paper and printer can I user to print W2 Copy A and W3?
The W2 copy A and W3 can be printed on good quality plain white paper. You can use ink-jet printer and laser printer.
5. If I have purchased ezPaycheck, do I still need to buy ezW2?
ezPaycheck cannot print form W2 copy A and W3 on white paper. ezPaycheck doesn't print 1099-misc and 1096 forms. You can find more instructions on how to use ezPaycheck with ezW2 here.
6. Is support free for ezW2?
Yes, you can get free tech support from us by writing to email@example.com.
7. Can ezW2 software support multiple companies?
Yes, ezW2 Software can support unlimited companies, recipients and forms with no extra charge. Many of our customers are CPAs and tax preparers.
Install and Uninstall
1. Does ezW2 work with Windows 10 machine?
2. What are the System Requirements for ezW2?
Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, 32-bit or 64 bit, .Net Framework v2.0 or later
3. I am using XP machine with .net framework 1.0. Where I can find .net framework 2.0?
You can download .net framework from microsoft web site and installed it on your machine. The .net framework 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 or later can coexist. They are installed in separate directories. The Microsoft runtime will figure out the proper version to use for the different applications. So if you have 1.0 version on your machine, you can still install the newer version.
Following is the download link of Microsoft .net Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable package.
5. How to uninstall ezW2 software?
Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features. Select ezW2 from program list, and then click Uninstall.
4. How long it takes to get the license key?
Our system will send the key automatically once the transaction completes. Some mail server may block the message. If you cannot get it in 30 minutes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. I purchased ezW2 2011 last year. Do I need to purchase ezW2 2012 to print 1099 & W-2 forms?
Yes. SSA and IRS change tax forms each year. We also need to get our forms approved each year. You need to purchase ezW2 2012 to print the new tax forms.
6. Can I transfer my last year's data to the new version?
Yes. Learn more here on transfer data.
1. I am a CPA. Can ezW2 software support multiple client accounts with no extra charge
Yes, ezW2 software can support unlimited accounts with no extra. It may be one reason that many accountants like this software.
2. How to add a new account?
You can start ezW2 software, click the top menu "Company Management", then click the sub menu "Add company" to add a new account.
Why just half form was printed from my printer?
The most common reason for this issue is the printer uses the wrong size paper. You should use the Letter size paper when you print the check.And several other settings may also cause this printing problem. Learn more here.
Can ezW2 print 1099-MISC and 1096 forms on white paper?
IRS does not certify 1099 Copy A and 1096 right now, So you will need pre-printed red forms to print 1099-MISC Federal Copy A and 1096 Transmittal. ezW2 can print 1099 MISC copy B, C, 1 and 2 on white paper.
It is the submitter's EIN, the EIN of the company you work for.
If you are a third-party submitter, you need the EIN of your own company, not the EIN of the company(s) for which the wage report(s) is/are being submitted.
Where I can find instructions of w-2 forms?
You can print instructions from ezW2 software.
- Start ezW2
- Click the top menu "Current Company->Form W2" to open W-2 form
- Click "Print Instructions" button.