How to roll forward W-2 and 1099 data

ezW2 2012 comes with new BACKUP and RESTORE function. User can copy ezW2 2011 data to ezW2 2012 folder easily.


(However if you are a CPA and more many accounts, you can refer to this article to transfer data manually


Note: Do not forget step 4 to switch your current database file after you transfer data.

Step 1. Install ezW2 2012 on your machine first


Step 2. Start ezW2 2011, click the top menu “Company Management-> Backup current company".
You can rename and save the database file to a folder or a flash disk.
For example: you can rename the datbase file to “ABC Company 2012”.

Step 3. Start ezW2 2012, click the top menu “Company Management-> Restore company".

Then select the backup company database file.

Step 4: Start ezW2 2012, select this new database file as your current database file by clicking the top menu "Company Management->Select Company".


Step 5. You can edit your data there and print your new forms.


Related link:

How to roll forward ezW2 2010 data to ezW2 2011


<note:> If you have more than one companies, you need to change the current company in ezW2 and repeat the above steps.


purchase payroll software now

To learn more about ezW2, 1099 W2 Printing software, please visit


Comments are closed