1. Find your income exemptions
2. Find your pretax deductions, including 401K, flexible account contributions ...
3. Find your gross income
4. Check the 2016 Maryland state tax rate and the rules to calculate state income tax
5. Calculate your state income tax step by step
6. If you want to simplify payroll tax calculations, you can download ezPaycheck payroll software, which can calculate federal tax, state tax, Medicare tax, Social Security Tax and other taxes for you automatically. You can try it free for 30 days, with no obligation and no credt card needed.
Learn more about the in house payroll tax solution for Maryland small businesses here.
ezPaycheck: Small Business Payroll Solution
Important Tax Due Dates>
Click Here to View Sample Paychecks and Paystubs
2018 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2017 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2016 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2015 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2014 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2013 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2012 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2011 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2010 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
Tax rate used in calculating Maryland state tax for year 2016
Need a Better Way to Calculate Maryland State Income Tax Withholdings?Click here to view the step by step guide on
Withholding Formula >(Maryland Effective 2016)<
a. Repeat steps 1 through 5.
b. Determine the dependent allowance by applying the following guideline and subtract this amount from the result of step 9a to determine the taxable county income.
Exemption Allowance = $3,200 x Number of Exemptions
c. Apply the taxable income computed in 9b to the following guideline to determine the appropriate county income tax:
d. Divide the result of step 9c by 26 to obtain the biweekly Maryland county tax.
e. Add the results of steps 8 and 9d to determine the resident's biweekly Maryland state and county tax combined withholding.