W2 & 1099-misc Quick Start Guide
How to prepare and print Form W2
How to print Form W3
How to Efile Form W2 and W3
How to print Form 1099-misc
How to print Form 1096
How to Efile Form 1099-misc and 1096
How to roll forward ezW2 data
How to Import W2 1099 Data
How to set up multiple user network version
Learn More from FAQs
W2 Form Printing: How to Fill Out and Print W2 Forms
Preprinted forms are NOT necessary!
EzW2 software is approved by SSA to print all W-2 forms (copy A, B, C, D, 1 & 2) and W-3 form on white paper. If you still prefer the red forms, our W2 form software can fill in data on pre-printed forms also.
IRS Instructions about Tax Form W2 and W3 Printing
Here are the steps:
Step 1: Start ezW2 software.
1.1 If you have not installed ezW2 software, you can download the trial version for free before purchasing.
1.2 After you installed this W2 form software, you can click desktop shortcut to start ezW2 software easily.
ezW2 software can prepare, print and efile forms W2, W3, 1096-misc and 1099.
ezW2 2018 Is Available for the 2018-2019 Tax Season!
Please feel free to test drive with no cost and no obligation before purchasing it. This W2 1099 software is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and other Windows computers.
1.3 If you are using the trial version of w2 software, you will see the key input pop up screen. You can purchase and enter the key code here or click the "TRY DEMO Version" to try this software for free.
(Note: The trial version will print TRIAL image on forms. You can purchase and enter the license key to remove it.)
Step 2: Set up company information for W2 reporting
You can access this screen by clicking the top menu “Current Company->Company”.
You need to enter the general company information for w2 and 1099 forms, such as Company Name, Address, Tax ID and others.
Step 3: Set up W-3 information
You can access this screen by clicking the top menu “Current Company->W-3 information”.
You need to enter the W-3 control number, W3 Establishment Number, Contact Information and others. This information will be displayed on both forms W-2 and W-3.
W3 Establishment Number (optional):
You may use this box to identify separate establishments in your business. You may file a separate Form W-3, with Forms W-2, for each establishment even if they all have the same EIN; or you may use a single Form W-3 for all Forms W-2 of the same type.
You can simply leave the field blank if you do not need to use it.
W3 Control Number (optional):
This is an optional box that you may use for numbering the whole transmittal. You can simply leave the field blank if you do not need to use it.
Step 4: Add W-2 employees
You can access employee list by clicking the top menu “Current Company->W2 Employee list”. You can add a new employee or edit or delete an existing one easily.
You can also import Employee information quickly by using W2 import form. You can access this import form by clicking the top menu “Current Company->Import W2”.
Step 5: Fill out W-2 information and print Forms
You can access this W-2 editing screen by clicking the top menu “Current Company->Form W-2”.
- Once you select the employee from the list, the employee information will be filled automatically.
- Fill in the boxes on the w-2 Form.
- Click the Question icon or the instructions link to get help.
- Click the 'save' button to save the W-2 information.
- Click the 'Print W2' button to print the different W2 Copies for this recipient. ezW2 can print forms W2 copy A, B, C, D, 1 and 2
You can print SSA copies and recipient copies on good quality white paper from your home/office black ink laser and inkjet printers.
Single Sheet Print
- ezW2 prints W2 recipient copies on white paper with in 4-up format or one-per-page format
- ezW2 can print W2 copy A on white paper with one-per-page format. This is the SSA approved format
- If you prefer the traditional red forms, ezW2 can print W2 copy A data only with one-per-page or 2-per-page format.
W2 Form Copy A, Laser substitue black and white form for SSA
Click here to view more sample W2 forms
printed by ezW2 software
- Click the 'Print Instructions' button to print W-2 instructions.
1. Form W-3 will be generate automatically based on form W2 information
2. ezW2 allows user to set up unlimited companies with one flat rate. So if you have multiple companies or you are an accountant, you can add new company by clicking top menu “Company Management->New company”
3. The .csv file data import feature, PDF print feature and efile feature are available with Enterprise version and Multiple-user version. They are not available with small business version. Click here to view ezW2 feature list
How can I roll forward my previous ezW2 data to the new version?
W2 and 1099 Forms Filing Deadline
How to fill out and print Form W2
How to print Form W2 W3 on White Paper
How to Print Multiple Copies on the same page for employee
How to Print W-2 Data on Red Forms
How to convert W2's into PDF format files
How to eFile W2 W3 Forms
How to print Form W3
How to fill out and print Form 1099-misc
How to eFile 1099-misc Forms
How to Print 1099-misc Forms on Red Forms
How to Convert 1099-misc Forms into PDF file
How to print Form 1096
- Learn more about W2C and W3C
- Learn more about 1099s Software (1099A, 1099B, 1099C, 1099CAP, 1099DIV, 1099G, 1099H, 1099INT, 1099LTC, 1099MISC, 1099OID, 1099PATR, 1099Q, 1099R, 1099S, 1099SA)
- Learn more about 1098s software (1098, 1098C, 1098E, 1098 T) software
- Learn more about 5498s(5498, 5498ESA, 5498SA) software
- Learn more about W2G, 1097BTC, 8935, 3921, 3922 software