W2 Electronic Filing: How to E-File W2 Form to SSA
EzW2 software is approved by SSA to print all W-2 forms and W-3 form on white paper. The latest version can generate the W2 documents for electronic filing purpose. User needs to upload it to SSA sites with his owner account.
Here are the steps:
Step 1: Start ezW2 software.
ezW2 software can prepare, print and efile forms W2, W3, 1096-misc and 1099.
If you do not have ezW2 software installed, you can download the trial version for free from halfpricesoft.com. No registration needed and no obligation. You can follow the step by step online instructions to finish the installation in minutes
This W2 1099 software is compatible with Windows 10 system, 32-bit or 64-bit. It can run on Windows 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Me, 2003 and Vista system too.
Do not forget to mail out W2 and 1099 forms before deadline!
Step 2: Set up company information for W2 reporting
You can access this screen by clicking the top menu “Current Company->Company”.
You need to enter the general company information for w2 and 1099 forms, such as Company Name, Address, Tax ID and others.
Step 3: Set up W-3 information
You can access this screen by clicking the top menu “Current Company->W-3 information”.
You need to enter the W-3 control number, W3 Establishment Number, Contact Information and others. This information will be displayed on both forms W-2 and W-3.
Step 4: Add W-2 Employees
You can access employee by clicking the top menu “Current Company->W2 Employee list”. You can add a new employee or edit or delete an existing one easily by clicking the link on this form.
You can also import Employee information quickly by using W2 import form. You can access this import form by clicking the top menu “Current Company->Import W2”.
Step 5: Fill out W-2 information
You can access this W-2 editing screen by clicking the top menu “Current Company->Form W-2”.
- Once you select the employee from the list, the employee information will be filled automatically.
- Fill in the boxes on the w-2 Form.
- Click the Question icon or the instructions link to get help.
- Click the 'save' button to save the W-2 information.
Step 6: Generate W2 W3 eFile document
Click the ezW2 software top menu "Current Company->eFile W2" to eFile screen.
- Enter submitter information
If you do not have efile User ID, please refer to this article on how to apply W2 Efile User ID
- Enter contact information where correspondence should be sent.
- Select employees (Usually you should select ALL)
- Click the "Create file" button to generate the eFile document
The efile document is .txt file. You can upload this file to SSA site. ezW2 generates one file for each company account.
If you are a CPA, you should generate one file for each client and upload these files to SSA
Click here to view step by step guide on how to upload the EFILE document to SSA site
1. Form W-3 will be generate automatically based on form W2 information
2. ezW2 allows user to set up unlimited companies with one flat rate. So if you have multiple companies or you are an accountant, you can add new company by clicking top menu “Company Management->New company”
3. The .csv file data import feature, PDF print feature and efile feature are available with Enterprise version and Multiple-user version. They are not available with small business version. Click here to view ezW2 feature list
3. You can learn more how to apply User ID to file Forms W2 electronically
How can I roll forward my previous ezW2 data to the new version?
W2 and 1099 Forms Filing Deadline
How to fill out and print Form W2
How to print Form W2 W3 on White Paper
How to Print Multiple Copies on the same page for employee
How to Print W-2 Data on Red Forms
How to convert W2's into PDF format files
How to eFile W2 W3 Forms
How to fill out and print Form 1099-misc
How to eFile 1099-misc Forms
How to Print 1099-misc Forms on Red Forms
How to Convert 1099-misc Forms into PDF file
- Learn more about W2C and W3C
- Learn more about 1099s Software (1099A, 1099B, 1099C, 1099CAP, 1099DIV, 1099G, 1099H, 1099INT, 1099LTC, 1099MISC, 1099OID, 1099PATR, 1099Q, 1099R, 1099S, 1099SA)
- Learn more about 1098s software (1098, 1098C, 1098E, 1098 T) software
- Learn more about 5498s(5498, 5498ESA, 5498SA) software
- Learn more about W2G, 1097BTC, 8935, 3921, 3922 software