5. Can I use ezW2 to file 1099-nec forms?
Yes, ezW2 can file W2, W3, 1099-nec and 1096.
6. Can ez1099 software support multiple companies?
Yes, ez1099 Software can support unlimited companies, recipients and forms at no additional charge. Many of our customers are CPA's and tax preparers.
3. I am a new tax filer. When should I apply the TCC if I want to file 1099 electronically this year?
Please apply as soon as possible. It may take several days to a couple of weeks to set up a new account. Please contact IRS directly to check the current status.
4. I am a new CPA. I need to efile W2, 1099, 1095 forms for clients this year. Can I apply for one IRS efile account for all forms?
No. You must apply different accounts.
- You need to apply User ID to file W2/W2C for SSA return.
- You need to apply TCC to file 1099 to IRS FIRE System.
- You need to apply TCC for IRS ACA system.
5. Do I need to register for efiling each year?
No, you just need to register once. Please make sure you can log in your account before the tax season.
Reminder: We posted the IRS support information in this guide. If you see any IRS log in issue, please contact IRS support team directly.
6. I am a CPA. When I file for multiple companies, do I need to register for a separate TCC for each company I send a report?
No, you only need one TCC. The same TCC is used to file for each client.
7 When I efile my 1099 forms, do I need to submit a 1096 separately?
No. The efile document created by ez1099 (or ezW2) software includes both 1099 forms and 1096 form.
The Technical Services Operation (TSO) is available to payers, transmitters, and employers at the numbers listed below. When you call you will be provided guidance to essential elements pertaining to technical aspects for electronic filing through the FIRE systems, self-help resources, and referrals to tax law topics on IRS.gov. Below are some examples of essential elements:
How to obtain a form
Provide related publications for a form or topic
FIRE File status information and guidance
Contact Technical Services Operation (TSO)
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST
The IRS welcomes calls via your choice of relay. Deaf or hard of hearing taxpayers using a relay service may call any of our toll-free numbers.