2. Will SSA accept black and white substitute forms on blank paper?
Yes, SSA will accept W2 and W3 substitute forms that meets the specifications and approved by SSA. You can find our SSA-approval document here.
4. I am a new employer. When should I apply the User ID if I want to file W2 electronically this year?
Please apply as soon as possible. It may take several days to a couple of weeks to set up a new account. Please contact IRS directly to check the current status.
5. Do I need to register each year for a NEW User ID?
No, the BSO User ID never expires; however, the password expires every 90 days. Please make sure you can log in your account before the tax season.
Reminder: If you forget your password, select "Forgot password" from the login page. Answer your security questions, and then select a new password. (Note: Registering for another User ID will not fix your account.) If you are unable to reset your password or forget your User ID, call 1-800-772-6270 for assistance.
6. I am locked out of my account. Whom do I contact to for assistance?
Please contact 1-800-772-6270 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Eastern Time or E-mail: email@example.com.
7. I am a CPA. When I file for multiple companies, do I need to register for a separate BSO User ID for each company I send a report?
No, you only need one User ID. The same User ID is used to file for each employer.
8 When I efile my W2 W3 forms, do I need to send a W-3 separately?
No. The efile document created by ezW2 software includes both W2 forms and W3 form.
10. How do I know my electronic file was processed?
Employers and third parties may view the submission status within BSO on the Electronic Wage Reporting (EWR) homepage. Employers select "View Employer Report Status." Third parties select "View Submission Status." The status will show "received" and then "completed" when the process is finished. Once completed, it will provide W-3 information. For additional information, please visit the Business Services Online Tutorial page.
For ezPaycheck and ezAccounting clients
1. I have ezPaycheck 2022(or ezAccounting 2022). Do I still need ezW2 software?
ezPaycheck(or ezAccounting) can print W2 recipient copies on white paper. Red forms are needed for W2 copy A and W3.
If you need more features(ie: white paper printing, W2 W3 efiling or 1099-nec filing), you can use ezW2. ezW2 can import data from ezPaycheck(or ezAccounting) in a few clicks.