Part 1: How to generate the 1099-misc & 1096 efile document
Step 1.1: set up account and enter 1099 form data
ez1099 software can prepare, print and efile forms 1099s, 1096, 1098s and 5498s.
If you do not have ez1099 software installed, you can download the trial version for free from halfpricesoft.com. No registration needed and no obligation. You can follow the step by step online instructions to finish the installation in minutes
This 1099 software is compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, XP and others Windows computers too.
Step 1.2: Generate EFile Document
In this step, you need to fill in the submitter information and create one .txt file. This file will include the 1099 forms and 1096 form. You need to upload this file to IRS site.
Transmitter’s TIN: It is the transmitter’s nine-digit Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). May be an EIN or SSN.
TCC: It is five-character alpha/numeric Transmitter Control Code assigned by IRS/MCC. It is your unique ID to file the 1099s tax forms to IRS electronically.
1. Form 1096 will be generate automatically based on form 1099 information
2. ez1099 allows user to set up unlimited companies with one flat rate. So if you have multiple companies or you are an accountant, you can add new company by clicking top menu "Company Management->New company"
3. The .csv file data import feature, PDF print feature and efile feature are available with Enterprise version and Multiple-user version. They are not available with small business version. Click here to view ez1099 feature list)
3. If you are a new user of IRS EFILE service, you need to apply TCC code (Transmitter Control Code) to generate the efile document. You also need to create a FIRE account to upload your file.
Part 3: How to upgrade ez1099 if I purchased paper printing version
Please contact us for the special upgrade link if you need to efile W2 forms but purchased the license key for paper printing version only. We will send you the upgrade link. You need to pay the price difference plus $5 fee. For example: You purchased ezW2 2022 small business version($49). You can pay extra $55 to upgrade it to the ezW2 2022 enterprise version($99) if you need to efile.
In your message, please tell us the following information:
1. The email you used with your previous ez1099 order. (If you ordered from Amazon, please let us know the Amazon Order ID)
2. What is the new version you need? (ie: ez1099 single-user enterprise version, ez1099 2-user version or others)
Part 4: How to request a transmitter control code (TCC)
All transmitters who file information returns electronically through the Filing Information Returns Electronically (FIRE) system are required to request authorization to file electronically by submitting Form 4419, Application for Filing Information Returns Electronically (FIRE). Submit an online fill-in Form 4419 at FIRE to request an original Transmitter Control Code (TCC) 45 days prior to the due date of the return. If your application is approved, a five-character alphanumeric TCC is assigned to your business.
The IRS encourages transmitters who file for multiple payers to submit one application and use the assigned Transmitter Control Code (TCC) for all payers. The purpose of the TCC is to identify the transmitter of the file. You may transmit files for as many companies as you need under the one TCC.
Only submit a paper Form 4419 when you have an existing Transmitter Control Code (TCC) to:
Revise current TCC information
Request an additional TCC for a form type that you currently have an active TCC or for another form type listed on Form 4419, Block 8
For more information, refer to FIRE or Publication 1220, Specifications for Electronic Filing of Forms 1097, 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, 5498, and W-2G (PDF).
Part 5: How to create a FIRE account
If you are a new user, you need to create a FIRE account on the FIRE system. You need enter your company name, company address, company phone number, contact name and email address.
You can create the account before you get your transmitter control code.