1. Find your income exemptions
2. Find your pretax deductions, including 401K, flexible account contributions ...
3. Find your gross income
4. Check the 2018 New York state tax rate and the rules to calculate state income tax
5. Calculate your state income tax step by step
6. If you want to simplify payroll tax calculations, you can download ezPaycheck payroll software, which can calculate federal tax, state tax, Medicare tax, Social Security Tax and other taxes for you automatically. You can try it free for 30 days, with no obligation and no credt card needed.
Learn more about the in house payroll tax solution for New York small businesses here.
ezPaycheck: Small Business Payroll Solution
ezPaycheck: Pay Employees On Time
How to Make Your Own Checks in House?
Lost a Form? Reprint W-2, 1099 In House Today!
ezAccounting Makes It Easy to Track Income and Cost
2024 New York State Tax Witholding Table
2023 New York State Tax Witholding Table
2022 New York State Tax Witholding Table
2021 New York State Tax Witholding Table
2020 New York State Tax Witholding Table
( 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 )
Tax rate used in calculating New York state tax for year 2018
Need a Better Way to Calculate New York State Income Tax Withholdings?Click here to view the step by step guide on
How to Calculate New York State Income Tax Withholdings Automatically
How to Create After the Fact Paychecks and Generate the Paystubs
Withholding Formula (New York Effective 2018)
Exemption Allowance = $1,000 x Number of Exemptions