1. Find your income exemptions
2. Find your pretax deductions, including 401K, flexible account contributions ...
3. Find your gross income
4. Check the 2020 Louisiana state tax rate and the rules to calculate state income tax
5. Calculate your state income tax step by step
6. If you want to simplify payroll tax calculations, you can download ezPaycheck payroll software, which can calculate federal tax, state tax, Medicare tax, Social Security Tax and other taxes for you automatically. You can try it free for 30 days, with no obligation and no credt card needed.
Learn more about the in house payroll tax solution for Louisiana small businesses here.
ezPaycheck: Small Business Payroll Solution
Print Professional Checks In HouseezCheckPrinting for Any Business
Print Unlimited Checks on Blank Stock
Free Demo. Try It Now.
ezPaycheck: Pay Employees On Time
How to Make Your Own Checks in House?
Lost a Form? Reprint W-2, 1099 In House Today!
ezAccounting Makes It Easy to Track Income and Cost
2023 Louisiana State Tax Witholding Table
2022 Louisiana State Tax Witholding Table
2021 Louisiana State Tax Witholding Table
2020 Louisiana State Tax Witholding Table
2019 Louisiana State Tax Witholding Table
2018 Louisiana State Tax Witholding Table
2017 Louisiana State Tax Witholding Table
2016 Louisiana State Tax Witholding Table
2015 Louisiana State Tax Witholding Table
2014 Louisiana State Tax Witholding Table
2013 Louisiana State Tax Witholding Table
Tax rate used in calculating Louisiana state tax for year 2020
Need a Better Way to Calculate Louisiana State Income Tax Withholdings?Click here to view the step by step guide on
How to Calculate Louisiana State Income Tax Withholdings Automatically
How to Create After the Fact Paychecks and Generate the Paystubs
Withholding Formula >(Louisiana Effective 2020)<
If the employee claims any dependent exemptions, multiply each by $1,000 and add this to the annual exemption amount computed above.
Note: The personal exemption code is based on the marital status in the first position of the exemption code recorded on the Information/Research Inquiry System (IRIS), Program IR105, State Tax, and the dependent exemptions are the last two positions of the exemption code on IRIS Program 105. For example, if the employee has an exemption code of M02, they would receive an annual exemption amount of $11,000 which is $9,000 for Married and $2,000 for the 2 dependent exemptions.