1. Find your income exemptions
2. Find your pretax deductions, including 401K, flexible account contributions ...
3. Find your gross income
4. Check the 2020 Maryland state tax rate and the rules to calculate state income tax
5. Calculate your state income tax step by step
6. If you want to simplify payroll tax calculations, you can download ezPaycheck payroll software, which can calculate federal tax, state tax, Medicare tax, Social Security Tax and other taxes for you automatically. You can try it free for 30 days, with no obligation and no credt card needed.
Learn more about the in house payroll tax solution for Maryland small businesses here.
ezPaycheck: Small Business Payroll Solution
Print Professional Checks In HouseezCheckPrinting for Any Business
Print Unlimited Checks on Blank Stock
Free Demo. Try It Now.
ezPaycheck: Pay Employees On Time
How to Make Your Own Checks in House?
Lost a Form? Reprint W-2, 1099 In House Today!
ezAccounting Makes It Easy to Track Income and Cost
2023 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2022 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2021 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2020 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2019 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2018 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2017 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2016 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2015 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2014 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
2013 Maryland State Tax Witholding Table
Tax rate used in calculating Maryland state tax for year 2020
Need a Better Way to Calculate Maryland State Income Tax Withholdings?Click here to view the step by step guide on
How to Calculate Maryland State Income Tax Withholdings Automatically
How to Create After the Fact Paychecks and Generate the Paystubs
Withholding Formula >(Maryland Effective 2020)<
a. Repeat steps 1 through 5.
b. Determine the dependent allowance by applying the following guideline and subtract this amount from the result of step 9a to determine the taxable county income.
Exemption Allowance = $3,200 x Number of Exemptions
c. Apply the taxable income computed in 9b to the following guideline to determine the appropriate county income tax:
d. Divide the result of step 9c by 26 to obtain the biweekly Maryland county tax.
e. Add the results of steps 8 and 9d to determine the resident's biweekly Maryland state and county tax combined withholding.