ezW2Correction Guide: File W2C and W3C Electronically
How to efile W2C and W3C to SSA
EzW2Correction software is approved by SSA to print all W-2C forms and W-3C form on white paper. The latest ezW2Correction software can generate the W2C and W3C documents for electronic filing purpose. User needs to upload this .txt file to SSA sites with his owner account.
Efile W2C and W3C feature is available with ezW2Correction 2015 and later Enterprise version.
step 1. Start W-2c software
If you have not installed ezW2Correction software, you need to download ezW2Correction
and install it first.
After you installed ezW2Correction, you see the a desktop shortcut icon. You can double click it to start ezW2Correction software.
Step 2. Set up company
You can click the top menu “Current Company->Company”. You need to enter the general company information for w-2c, such as Company Name, Address, Tax ID and others.
Step 3. Fill Out W-2C Form(s)
Here are several options to enter the W2C data.
1. Enter data manually if you just have a few forms to correct.
2. Import data from .csv file if you have employee list and W2 data in .csv file
3. IImport data from efile document if you efiled W2 data before.
4. Import data from ezW2 software if you filed W2 forms with ezW2 software
Step 4. Fill out W-3C Form
Step 5. Generate W2C W3C eFile Document
Click the ezW2Correction software top menu "Current Company->eFile W2C" to view eFile screen.
- Enter submitter information
If you do not have efile User ID
(USER IDENTIFICATION), you can apply it from SSA site
. You can complete the registration form online and submit your information. The information you submit will be verified against SSA records. Upon successful registration, you will have your User ID and password.
- Enter contact information where correspondence should be sent.
- Click the "Create file" button to generate the eFile document
Click to view larger image
Step 6. Navigate to SSA site and upload this document
The efile document is .txt file. You can upload this file to SSA site. ezW2Correction generates one file for each company account.
If you are a CPA, you should generate one file for each client and upload these files to SSA
6.1 Visit SSA site
6.2 Log in
6.3 Upload file
1. The transmittal amount showed on eFile document is summed up from W2C box 1 to box 12.
2. This efile feature is for SSA Federal reporting only, not for state.
3. ezW2Correction allows user to set up unlimited companies with one flat rate. So if you have multiple companies or you are an accountant, you can add new company by clicking top menu “Company Management->New company”
4. The data import feature and efile feature are not available with basic version. You can view ezW2Correction software feature list here.
Efiling User ID
If you do not have W2 efile User ID, you can apply it from SSA site. You can complete the registration form online and submit your information. The information you submit will be verified against SSA records. Upon successful registration, you will have your User ID and password.
Form W2C and W3C
Quick Start Guide
What is the cost?
Is there any extra cost to support multiple accounts?
How to print Form W-2c
How to print Form W-2c on white paper
How to print Form W3c
How to Import W2C data
How can multiple users share ezW2Correction
Form W2 and W3
How to fill out and print Form W2
How to print Form W2 W3 on White Paper
How to Print Multiple Copies on the same page for employee
How to Print W-2 Data on Red Forms
How to convert W2's into PDF format files
How to eFile W2 W3 Forms
Form 1099 and 1096
How to fill out and print Form 1099-misc
How to eFile 1099-misc Forms
How to Print 1099-misc Forms on Red Forms
How to Convert 1099-misc Forms into PDF file
- Learn more about 1099s Software (1099A, 1099B, 1099C, 1099CAP, 1099DIV, 1099G, 1099H, 1099INT, 1099LTC, 1099MISC, 1099OID, 1099PATR, 1099Q, 1099R, 1099S, 1099SA)
- Learn more about 1098s software (1098, 1098C, 1098E, 1098 T) software
- Learn more about 5498s(5498, 5498ESA, 5498SA) software
- Learn more about W2G, 1097BTC, 8935, 3921, 3922 software